King George County, named after King George I of Great Britain, is a county within the state of Virginia located in the center of eastern Virginia. King George County contains the unincorporated community of King George, which is the county seat.
King George County was founded in 1720, covers 188 square miles, and had a 2000 population of 16,803.
King George is home to the Dahlgren Naval Surface Warfare Center.
US Route 301 traverses north to south from the Harry W. Nice Memorial Bridge across the Potomac River on its way south to Richmond.
Route 3 traverses the county from west to east as the main road between Fredericksburg and the junction with US 301. Route 3 continues southeast into Westmoreland County.
- Wikipedia Article
- King George County Website
- King George County Public Schools
- King George County on City-data.com
- Arnolds Corner - no website, Arnolds_Corner,_Virginia
- Berthaville - no website, Berthaville,_Virginia
- Dahlgren - no website, Dahlgren,_Virginia
- Dogue - no website, Dogue,_Virginia
- Fairview Beach - no website, Fairview_Beach,_Virginia
- Jersey - no website, Jersey,_Virginia
- King George - no website, King_George,_Virginia
- Ninde - no website, Ninde,_Virginia
- Owens - no website, Owens,_Virginia
- Passapatanzy - no website, Passapatanzy,_Virginia
- Port Conway - no website, Port_Conway,_Virginia
- Rollins Fork - no website, Rollins_Fork,_Virginia
- Sealston - no website, Sealston,_Virginia
- Shiloh - no website, Shiloh,_Virginia
- Weedonville, - no website, Weedonville,_Virginia
|Charles County, MD|
|West||Stafford||King George County||Westmoreland||East|
|As a seed (starting point), this entry needs help!Please register, login, and click the "Edit" button.|