The W. Burdette Williams Historic Park is a one-acre site containing the Chadbourne Carriage House. The carriage house was built in the 1870s by Thomas Jefferson Chadbourne and his wife Nettie. W. Burdette Williams purchased the property from the Chadbourne family in 1947, and subsequently deeded this one-acre site to the City of Fremont in 1963. In 2003 the park underwent a substantial completion process that created a paved plaza suitable for gatherings, raised seating area with arbor, decorative light poles, perimeter fencing, rose trellis over a commemorative plaque provided by the Mission Peak Heritage Foundation, tree up-lighting, benches, drinking fountain, Victorian-style landscaping, irrigation, and turf-covered berms. The project preserved a historic gazebo, an existing rose garden, and a number of existing trees. A new California Buckeye tree was planted to replace a previously existing one. The carriage house is located at the Fremont Hub facing Fremont Blvd. It is situated between Chili's restaurant and The Elephant Bar restaurant.
The carriage house was built in the 1870's by Thomas Jefferson Chadbourne and his wife Nettie. W. Burdette Williams purchased the carriage house from the Chadbourne's in 1947, and subsequently deeded the house to the City of Fremont in 1963. IN 2003, the City of Fremont renovated the property. This included a plaza suitable for gatherings, seating, an arbor and Victorina style landscaping.
Beginning in 1968, the non-profit volunteer group, The Candle Lighter's hold there annual Halloween fundraiser at Williams Historical Park. A complete transformation of the carriage house takes place and a themed ghost house erects. The funds raised are in turn divided and reinvested to other non profits in Fremont.