Keeler House - 1969 Tour, 1970 Tour, 1976 Tour, Walking Tour
HH Calendar 1976 write-up: Designed by Osgood and Osgood, this excellent example of Georgian Revival architecture was built for Miner S. Keeler. An exact copy of an historic home in Rockford, Illinois, this home represents Georgian Revival in its purest form with a perfectly symmetrical fa�ade and central pediment which features two-story Ionic pilasters with a scrolled pediment above the central window. Theportico has a delicate balustraded gallery. Begun in 1911, construction was completed in 1913. The Keeler family was identified with the Middleville Manufacturing Company which made brass hardware. After 1893, the Keelers purchased the interests of the other shareholders and organized the Keeler Brass Company. Through the efforts of the old Grand Rapids Board of Trade and many other interested businessmen, the company moved to Grand Rapids. Part of the inducement of the company to move its facilities was theprovision of a site, the deed to which was to be turned over the company when 100 men had been employed.
Geographic coordinates are 42.95886°N, 85.656783°WLatitude: 42°57′31.896″N