The Romanesque building at 25 South Division was constructed in 1891 for the McMullen Machinery company, a woodworking machinery and equipment wholesaler. The Grand Rapids Machinery Store was located there until 1909. Wegner Brothers, a sample furniture store occupied the building until 1925, when the building had multiple users selling electric automobiles, rugs, pianos and sewing machines. The upper floors housed professional offices. Ten years later, it housed the Fredrick music House, Maleki & Sons Musical Instruments, and various other music related uses. Through the 1950s the Zondervan Publishing House was located on the upper floors with a retail outlet on the first floor. After Zondervan moved into Eastown in the early 1980s, the building stood vacant until 1999 when it was rehabilitated for office use.