The Schuchardt Building at 341 South Division was a German meat market for much of it’s history. Louis Schuchardt operated the market from 1897 until 1900 when after his death, his widow and sons operated the market until 1917. It was then sold to John Stellerd, 1917-1924. Thereafter a wide variety of short term tenants ran businesses catering to neighborhood residents including a dry cleaner, clothing shop, and furniture store among others. The Schuhardt family and their boarders (many of whom worked in the meat market) lived on the upper floors. In 1942 the upper floors were remodeled and became the Louise Apartments. Nyburg Heating and Plumbing the last major tenant of the building, conducted business on the first floor while continuing to rent the apartments as the Nyburg apartment. The building was rehabilitated in 1996 for commercial use of the first floor and apartments on the second floor this building are now open for lease.