Hopson House, Walking Tour
This elegant Italianate home with its Classic Revival verandah which features graceful, well proportioned columns with Ionic capitals, was built circa 1880. It is notable for three reasons. It is an excellent example of this style of architecture; it is one of three homes which were moved in order to save them from demolition by the College Park Urban Renewal Project and it was the home of William C. Hopson, founder of the W.C. Hopson Company whichmanufactured elaborate galvanized iron cornices and design devices. Both private and public buildings boasted the intricately fabricated ornamental architectural elements created by Hopson craftsman.
Geographic coordinates are 42.967411°N, 85.659665°WLatitude: 42°58′2.68″N