McLeod House - 1975 Tour, Walking Tour
This house was built in 1915 for Archibald McLeod, an executive with Stowe Davis & Co. Reflecting the Federal influence, this home is embellished by Romanesque arches which give a cloistered appearance to the main entry. It was built by Archibald A. McLeod, an officer of the Stowe-Davis Furniture Company, in 1915. There is a stone engraved with the building date set into the brickwork above the entry. Still maintained as asingle-family residence by the McLeod family, this home, with its quiet dignity, seems to sit in serenity amidst that fast-paced urban life around it.
Geographic coordinates are 42.963978°N, 85.660193°WLatitude: 42°57′50.321″N