The building at 48 South Division was constructed around 1910 as the Bemis Block with retail on the first floor and apartments or furnished rooms above. The upper floors were designated the Kenwood Apartments in 1915 which became the Hotel Kentwood in 1935. Many of the retail tenants were automobile related businesses. It currently houses Heartside Ministries, Gallery Ogi and Kelly Sweet Photography. The residences are now called the Dwelling Place Inn.