The Donavan building at 71 South Division was constructed for the Gately and Donovan Company (later TR Donovan Company) Clothing Retailers in 1911. In addition to the Donavan Company, the building housed a number of other clothing related businesses, both manufacturing and sales.
Later the retail space housed an A&P grocery store and a variety store. The Wepman’s Bridal and Formal Wear enterprise occupied the building in various incarnations from 1962 until the late 1980s. It was the original home of Vertigo Music, and the building now houses retail on the first floor and apartments on the upper floors.
Retail space in this building includes: