Grand Rapids has many sculptures in the Heartside-Downtown and SWAN Neighborhoods. Sculpture Sites GR is a website, created by the Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park, to document them.
The website divides the area into 6 "zones."
Zone 1 is located in the east side of SWAN on the west bank of the Grand River.
Zone 1 Sculptures
- Indian Burial Mounds
- The River's Edge, James Clover
- American Eagle, Marshall Fredericks
- Flying Geese, Marshall Fredericks
- Nishnabe Gemaw, Tom Hillis
- Grand River Sculpture and Fish Ladder, Joseph E. Kinnebrew IV
- Embrace, Joseph E. Kinnebrew IV
- Man in Space, Judd Nelson
- Dawn's Gate III, Russel Thayer
- Lorrie's Button, Hy Zelkowitz
- Spirit of Solidarity, Roberto Chenlo
Zone 2 encompasses the east bank of the Grand River
Zone 2 Scultpures
- Kid Katwalk, Joseph E. Kinnebrew IV
- Bank Building Reliefs, Corrado Joseph Parducci
- Civic Auditorium Reliefs, Corrado Joseph Parducci
- Dental Sculpture, Stephen Pierpoint (temporarily removed for JW Mariott construction)
- River's Edge Environmental Sculpture, Michael Singer & Sasaki Associates, Inc.
Zone 3 is the central most portion of downtown. It's borders are Fulton Street on the south, Michigan Street on the north, Monroe Avenue to the west, and Division Avenue to the east.
Zone 3 Sculpture
- La Grande Vitesse, Alexander Calder
- Motu Viget, Mark di Suvero
- Floor Kite XIV, Jasha Green
- Fanned Arena, Lila Katzen
- Untitled (Dissected Pyramid), Joseph E. Kinnebrew IV
- Ecliptic, Maya Lin
- Acrobat, Joseph McDonnell
- Night Flight, John W. Parker
Zone 4 encompasses the northeast part of downtown. It's borders are Fulton Street to the south, Michigan Street to the north, Division Avenue to the west, and "the hill" to the right.
Zone 4 Sculptures
- Soldier's Monument, Leon Coquard
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, William Couper
- Girdled Figure, Tom Czarnopys
- Memorial Pillars, Ralph W. Demmon
- Conversations, Carl Green
- Aspiration of Inspiration, Joseph E. Kinnebrew IV
- Thomas D. Gilbert, Lorado Taft
- Saint Cecilia Reliefs, Unknown
- Metz Building Reliefs, Unknown
- The Legend of Grand Rapids, Lumen Martin Winter
- Downtown Sculpture, an interactive listing of Grand Rapids Downtown area sculptures.