Trinity was the first English speaking Reformed Church in America on the westside of Grand Rapids. “Planted” to be a mission church for the growing westside population, Trinity just celebrated 100 years of ministry in the West Leonard community.
Part of Trinity's understanding of "following Christ into the world" involves "rolling up sleeves and doing gospel work." Trinity focuses on mission work on the NW side of Grand Rapids.
Here are some of Trinity's community-oriented ministries:
- Trinity Earthkeepers: Caring for Creation by cleaning up part of the Ford Freeway (near the Lane Exit).
- Community Kitchen: Serving meals each Thursday afternoon in the church basement (volunteers should arrive around 4:30 pm).
- The Lord’s Bounty: Trinity’s clothing store on Leonard Avenue
- The Northewest Food Pantry: Trinity joins other churches in providing food items and support to people in the NW side of Grand Rapids (M, W, F).
- Project One: Trinity joins other churches in helping to build or restore housing in the community.
- Front Porch-- Summer Programming: Trinity’s way of celebrating the gospel with families from inside and outside of the church’s walls.
1224 Davis NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
Geographic coordinates are 42.9856098 ° N, -85.6856565° WLatitude: 42°59′8.195″N