"People meeting people who want to dance and have fun." That's how Dance Haddonfield describes its social dance each Sunday night at Grace Church in Haddonfield.
Dance Haddonfield was founded in 2000 by Haddonfield resident Joseph Murphy. Dances were held each Sunday night, almost without exception, in the auditorium behind the Friend Meeting House on Friends Avenue. In 2002, the dance moved to the auditorium of Grace Church (19 Kings Highway E).
- Intermediate Lesson: 6pm to 7pm
- Beginner Lesson: 7pm to 8pm
- Open Dance: 8pm to 10:30pm
Professional instructors teach swing, Latin, hustle, tango, waltz, foxtrot, cha-cha, rumba, samba, salsa, quickstep, West Coast swing, meringue, and other social dances in a friendly, non-threatening environment.
To find out which dances will be taught in the coming weeks, click here.
- Intermediate lesson (6pm) plus dancing (8pm) and food/refreshments – $20
- Beginner lesson (7pm) plus dancing (8pm) and food/refreshments – $15
USA Dance members may deduct $2.
- Basic lesson: Steve and Betty of the Peppermint Dance Club.
- Intermediate lesson: Invited dance instructors from around the Delaware Valley.
The equivalent of "business casual" is appropriate. No sneakers, jeans, shorts, or grunge.
Dance Haddonfield is the Delaware Valley Chapter 3012 of USA Dance, the national ballroom dance nonprofit organization.
- Email: Phil Zoebisch <[email protected]>
- Facebook: facebook.com/dancehaddonfield
- Website: danceHaddonfield.org