Parks in Hampton
Air Power Park
Air Power Park is an outdoor park dedicated to preserving and promoting air power, which played a vital role in America’s early space exploration and aircraft testing. The park links air power locally to both Langley Air Force Base and the NASA Langley Research Center, both of which played prominent roles in getting America's air and space development programs off of the ground. The park is 15 acres, consisting of jets, missiles, rockets, and a time capsule to be opened in 2065. It also offers a scenic view of Newmarket Creek.
Air Power Park is located at 413 W. Mercury Boulevard, Hampton, VA 23666, (757) 727-8311.
Public Beaches in Hampton
Buckroe Beach Park
- 100 First Street South
- Hampton, VA
Grandview Nature Preserve
The Preserve stretches for 475 acres over primetime Chesapeake Bay beachfront, salt marshes, and tidal creeks.
Grandview Nature Preserve (including Factory Point) is open to the public year round from sunrise to sunset daily, however there are some areas are closed from April 1 - September 15.
- State Park Drive
- Hampton, VA
Factory Point is located at most northern point of Grandview Nature Preserve (37° 06'21.70"N - 76° 17'24.89"W) and is only accessible by foot or boat.
Featuring pristine Chesapeake Bay beachfront, Factory Point and the Preserve form the northeastern corner of the City of Hampton.
Please follow the rules for taking care of Factory Point:
- All City of Hampton, State of Virginia, and Federal Laws apply to Factory Point
- Factory Point shares patrols with the Hampton Police, Virgina State Officers and Federal Law Enforcers
- ANY violation/infraction observed will be enforced to the fullest extent of the law(s)
- Stay off the Dunes
- Stay away from/out of posted bird nesting areas
- Entering designated posted bird nesting areas is ILLEGAL
- Alcohol, Camping, and Tents ARE NOT allowed
- Open Fires, Grills, and Motorized Vehicles ARE NOT allowed
- Pets are banned April 1 - September 15
- Pets must be leashed
- Note: Please do your part to keep Factory Point clean
- Remove all litter you bring in, including pet wast
- There are no trash receptacles on Factory Point (or inside Grandview Nature Preserve)
Paradise Ocean Club
- 490 Fenwick Rd
- Hampton VA, 23651
When anchoring on the Hampton River, optimal location is east of the channel, at the Hampton Public Piers: the channel is 150 feet wide and at low tide channel depth is 12 feet.
Bluewater Yachting Center
Bluewater Yachting Center offers a full-service marina and slip rentals. Phone: (757) 723-6774
Customs House Marina
Customs House Marina offers transient and long-term slip rentals. Phone: (757) 868-9375
Hampton Yacht Club
Hampton Yacht Club offers reciprocal arrangements. Phone: (757) 722-0711
Joy's Marina offers transient and long-term slip rentals. Phone: (757) 868-9375
Sunset Yachting Center
Sunset Yachting Center offers dry storage marina, bait, tackle, ice and fuel. Phone: (757) 722-3325
Hampton Public Piers
Hampton Public Piers - Phone: (757) 727-1276 or 866-556-9631