Old Address: 16 Academy Street
Other names: Johnson Cottage
Owned by Walter and Grace Johnson, who took in roomers as early as 1921. After her husband's death in 1928, Mrs. Johnson created as small apartment on the ground floor, which was rented for a year to Beanie Barnet.
This house was acquired and renovated by Paul Smith's College in 1965 as a dormitory called Johnson House. The college tore it down for more parking space in 1988 after the new residence hall on Church Street opened in January. 1
See also: Johnson Cottages
1. Michael Kudish, Paul Smith's Flora II, p. 148; and Kudish, Historical Update: Paul Smith's College Lands, Forests and Buildings, 1981 to 2004.