Address: 277 Ampersand Avenue
Old Address: 35 Ampersand Avenue
Other names: Walker Cottage (1909), Ampersand Villa (1932), Meagher, Robert (1911), Wilson Cottage (1912), Tiejan Cottage (1913), Cootsis Cottage (1928), T. Battas Cottage (1929); DIS
Other information: This cottage was owned along with 33 Ampersand Avenue by Greek Thomas Bartis; they had only Greek speaking patients, served Greek food, and had Greek newspapers delivered from New York City. Both houses were torn down in 1995, and two duplex apartment buildings were built by Elmer Sullivan; they were subsequently bought by Trudeau Institute.
From Saranac Lake in the Adirondacks: The North Woods City of Health and Opportunity, Mid Winter Carnival, 1909
The attractive feature of the Walker Cottages, as shown, is the sleeping-out porch rooms, of which there are twelve, and each of which adjoins a warm inside dressing room. The establishment is modern in every way, accommodates about twenty persons, and offers excellent board for from $12.00 to $20.00 weekly. Further information can be had, if desired, by addresing Mrs. Alice Walker, 33 and 35 Ampersand Ave., Saranac Lake, N. Y.