Collins Cottage Historic Image Collins Cottage The cottage was built as a 2 1/2 story house, c. 1910
Historic image
Address: 137 Old Military Road

Old Address: 48 Old Military Road

Other names: There was another "Collins Cottage" at 76 Park Avenue.

Year built: Deed, 1908; blueprints, 1909.

Architect: George F. Schrader, for Mrs. John L. Collins, according to most recent owner, who gives the date of the plans as November, 1909.

Cure evidence: TBSWC, USC1925, DIS 1911

The house was occupied by Mrs. John L. Collins from 6/18/1910-6/1/1911. Mrs. Collins owned the house at least through 11/29/1916, but it had various tenants after 1911. Source: T. B. Society.

It was later the home of Selenia Grace Sampson, widow of Dr. Homer L. Sampson, where she may have lived with her daughter, Mary MacIntyre.

This house was radically changed by the removal of the second floor and half-story with dormers and rebuilt roof (compare with historic photo); whether or not these were repairs after a fire is not known. Source: Mrs. Mary E. MacIntyre, Building-Structure Inventory Form, 11/5/1982.

See also: Collins Cottages.

Other historic properties