The Saranac Lake A & P Supermarket was located at 61 Broadway from 1933 through 1965. Later, they moved to 56 Woodruff Street; the Broadway building became the location of the Adirondack Daily Enterprise. The supermarket closed in the early 1990s. The former A & P building became the office and shop for Newman & Holmes, before that store closed in 2017.
Adirondack Daily Enterprise, May 24,1965
PROGRESSING NICELY — The basic excavation for the new A & P Supermarket at the corner of Woodruff Street and Church Street Extension has been completed and workmen are presently laying the foundation. The large area was an empty lot. The present A & P building on Broadway is expected to be taken over by another business as soon as the transfer is made.