Bloomingdale Fire Department was formed on February 1, 1912, as the Artesian Hose Company No. 1 of Bloomingdale by a group of fifteen men gathered at the St. Armand Town Hall.
Original members were: Henry Rock, Claude Goff, N.D. Barnard, Arthur Towne, Ben. E. Titus, Louis Pelky, Rufas H. Myers, Homer Hayes, Claude Winch, W.H. Biglow, M.B. Norman, Chas. White, Joseph P. Bercier, R.P. Towne, Wm. E. Flanders.