When this Bloomingdale building was photographed by William Kollecker, it was a drug store, prominently featuring soda water. Perhaps the man on the porch is R. P. Towne, the proprietor. In their Enterprise column "Ville & Dale" on June 3, 2000, Martha Tyler John and Floyd John wrote, "The Bloomingdale Post Office officially came into existence on November 12, 1853. It was originally established as the St. Armand Post Office on January 3, 1850. From 1850 to 1930, postmasters and locations of post offices changed frequently as administration and local party representatives changed. Dorothy White served as postmaster from 1953 to 1973. During his term the post office was moved to the present building. It was an old building, so many renovations have been made." The building shows its age in the vernacular Greek Revival lintels above the second-floor windows and the triangular attic vent. It is still the Bloomingdale Post Office, zip code 12913, and the building is for sale. Adirondack Daily Enterprise, June 9, 2013. The Bloomingdale Post Office officially came into existence on November 12, 1853. It was originally established as the St. Armand Post Office on January 3, 1850. From 1850 to 1930, postmasters and locations of post offices changed frequently as administration and local party representatives changed. Dorothy White served as postmaster from 1953 to 1973. During her term the post office was moved to the present building. It was an old building, so many renovations have been made. Pearl Hough was postmaster from January 1974 to April 1995. During that time, extensive renovations were made because of the Olympics in Lake Placid. Nearly 500 boxes and rural route patrons are served by the Bloomingdale Post Office.

From "Ville & Dale," by Martha (Tyler) and Floyd John, Adirondack Daily Enterprise, June 3, 2000.

Comments