Bloomingdale Road is a continuation of Bloomingdale Avenue; it runs six miles northeast to the village of Bloomingdale. It was the site of Orville Paye's "Gold Mine", the St. Armand Hotel in 1906, the St. Armand Racetrack in the 1920s and '30s, the Colonial Inn, Birk's Swiss Chalet, the Bloomingdale Road School, the home of guide Peter O'Malley, the dairy of B.F. Norman & Son, the Green Valley Farm, the F.H. McKillip Dairy, and the home of Civil War veteran, Sylvanus Paye until his death in 1933. In 2011, the Saranac Lake Fish and Game Club, BOCES, and the Village of Saranac Lake Sewerage Treatment Plant are all located along the Bloomingdale Road.
In 1955 the Happy Manor Art Gallery was established on the Bloomingdale Road by Mrs. Dorothy Yepes, with support from Mrs. William Morris and a group called the Adirondack Allied Arts headed by Mrs. William Distin.
2013-02-20 12:58:03 This is sooo cool —126.96.36.199