Born: December 30, 1880
Died: February 10, 1963
Married: Henry J. Hudson, July 3, 1933
Camilla Hayes Hudson operated Franklin Manor at 68 Franklin Avenue, a cure cottage which she established in 1933. Mr. and Mrs. Hudson retired in 1952 and at that time gave the large nursing home to the Carmelite order for a monastery.
Adirondack Daily Enterprise, February 11, 1963
Camilla H. Hudson
Mrs. Camilla Hayes Hudson, died in the family home at Crafton Pa., on Feb 10.
Mrs. Hudson, a daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Patrick N. Hayes, was born in Pittsburgh, Pa., on Dec. 30, 1880. She was a teacher of piano. She took treatment for pulmonary tuberculosis at the White Haven Sanatorium, Pa. and there took training as a nurse, finishing the course at South Side Hospital, Pittsburgh.
In 1923, she came to Saranac Lake and conducted a nursing sanatorium for many years at 68 Franklin Avenue, which she and her husband gave to the Carmel Sisters in October, 1952, when she retired. On July 3, 1933, she was married to Henry J. Hudson, who died here, Sept. 14, 19. Mr. Hudson was very active in American Legion and V.F.W. affairs. Mrs. Hudson was long a member of the Saranac Lake Society for The Control of Tuberculosis and of the Catholic Doughters of America. After Mr. Hudson's death she returned to Crafton.
Mrs. Hudson is survived by three sisters, Mrs. Frank Crum, Mrs. James Byrne and Miss Genevieve Hayes, all of Crafton, and by three brothers, The Most Rev. Ralph L. Hayes, Bishop of Davenport, Iowa, F. Deane Hayes of Cretan and Dr. John N. Hayes, of this village.
The Funeral Mass will be held at St. Phillips in Crafton on Feb. 13 and she will be buried in St. Bernard's Cemetery in May, The Keough and Son Funeral Home will be in charge of arrangements in Saranac Lake, which are incomplete at this time.