Camp Cobblestone was built on Spitfire Lake between 1900-1915 by George H. Earle, Jr., the father of Pennsylvania Governor George H. Earle III; Earle also built Camp Katia on Upper St. Regis Lake and two camps on Moose Point on Upper Saranac Lake. The camp comprises an octagonal living cabin, a dining and kitchen cabin, a boathouse and tower, a round bedroom cabin built over the water, and two guest cabins, built of cobblestones collected from the shores of the St. Regis River. There were originally several large wooden cabins of four to six bedrooms each, on a ridge near the forest that were partially destroyed in a 1966 fire.
Kaiser, Harvey H., Great Camps of the Adirondacks, Boston: David R. Godine, 2003. ISBN 978-1-56792-073-4