Born: Greenwich, New York
Died: March 17, 1963
Married: Rhoda Distin
Children: David, William and Donald
Charles F. Roberson was a co-owner of Boyce and Roberson, a Saranac Lake firm that dealt in ice, coal and wood, for heat; with Willard Boyce, he at one time owned the land on which the Rumsey Cottage was built. He came to Saranac Lake in 1903, and started his business with Boyce in 1909, retiring in 1958.
He attended Albany Business College. He came to Saranac Lake after contracting typhoid fever. He worked for a time as purchasing clerk at the State Hospital at Ray Brook, as a bookkeeper at the Saranac Inn, and for the contractor who built power plants for Paul Smiths at Franklin and Union Falls. He was a founder and secretary/treasurer of the Saranac Lake Golf Club. He was a member of the Masons for 50 years, and also the Shrine, Elks and Rotary Club. He was an elder in the First Presbyterian Church of Saranac Lake.