Married: Jane Ely Dole
Children: Charles Minot Dole Jr., Susan Armstrong
Charles Minot "Minnie" Dole was the founder of the National Ski Patrol, and had a camp on Upper St. Regis Lake. He is buried in St. John's Cemetery in Paul Smiths.
Minnie Dole formed the National Ski Patrol in 1938 and was director of the organization until 1950.
During World War II, Dole convinced the War Department to form the 10th Mountain Division, a mountaineering unit. Dole served from 1941-1945.
Dole is honored across the ski industry with plaques and other honors. A trail was dedicated in his honor at Berkshire East Ski Area. Dole was inducted into the United States National Ski Hall of Fame in 1958.