Conklin Cottage Looking down Church Street toward Main Street, c. 1900. From left: Dr. Trudeau's house, 104 Main Street, 108 Main Street, 2 Church Street when it was 110 Main Street (before the tower was removed and the building moved), St. Luke's Church. Courtesy of Trudeau Institute. Address: 121 Main Street
Old Address: 108 Main St.
Year built: before 1879
Other information: According to the 1916 TB Directory, the Conklin Cottage had room for 9 patients, with two cure porches. It was run by Mrs. Jane Conklin. Rates were $16-18 per week.
Dr. Henry Leetch, a tuberculosis doctor, had an office here, initially a shared practice with Dr. Edgar Mayer.
Other historic properties
2013-06-29 10:07:06 See Cure Cottages of Saranac Lake by Philip L Gallo's pages 90 and 91. Page 91 shows this cottage before it was moved. —18.104.22.168
2013-06-29 11:01:29 This house is still in its original location. The house to its right in the photo on page 91, the one with the tower, is the one that was moved. —MaryHotaling