Old Address: 34 Shepard Avenue
Other names: Cane Cottage (1928), Dassance Cottage (1928), Kane Cottage (1928), Kern Cottage (1929), Hamer (1930), Shults Cottage (1933); DIS. An early, but undated, map (probably circa 1911 or later) shows number 34 Shepard Avenue noted as "Coulter."
Year built: between 1897 and 1899
Architect: William L. Coulter
Other information: A two and 1/2 story cure cottage designed by the architect as his own residence. The south side has a sitting-out porch on the first floor, four second-story sleeping porches, and a third-story porch. There is also a large second-story sleeping porch on the north side of the house.
|7/8/1925||nursing cottage||Miss Katherine Lynch|
|7/1925||boarding house||Miss Anna V. Pratt|
|11/1927||nursing cottage||Mrs. Dassance|
See also: 30 Franklin Avenue