The Dock and Coal Company was located behind 145 Broadway, next to the railroad tracks. They sold flour, feed and grain, lime, bricks and cement, according to the 1908 and 1916 Sanborn Maps. By 1924, the site had been taken over by J.A. Latour.

The company also operated a sawmill in Onchiota from 1906 to 1917; in 1918 the mill equipment was sold to a lumber operation in Florida.