Died: He died in 1903 and is buried in the Merrillsville Cemetery.
Married: At some point, Wesley married Diadema Dodge and moved to Wisconsin.
Eben Wesley Merrill, known as Wesley, a brother of John R. Merrill, came to the area with the Merrill Family, but later moved to Wisconsin. In 1854 he is listed on the town tax assessments rolls as owning 43 acres of land in lot 146. Local tradition holds that this home was built in the shape of a cross, with a barn as its base; however, the exact appearance or functional history of the house cannot be determined from existing information. It was purchased by his nephew Lem Merrill who operated the house as a tourist boarding facility and by 1900 as a tuberculosis curing facility. The local Methodist Episcopal congregation used the school house for services, finally building in 1894. The building was torn down in 1947.
See Merrill Family.