Address: 203 Neil Street
Old Address: 11 Neil Street
Other Names: Emmans Cottage (1912), Feisthamel Cottage (1912), Starks Cottage (1913); DIS
Year built: before 1915
The building was occupied by George Feisthamel in 1915. The 1917 health survey indicates the presence of a TB patient. From 1920 until 1940, Sam and Mary Edelberg lived there. Sam Edelberg, born in Latvia, immigrated to the U.S. in 1902 and worked in a Manhattan garment shop owned by Lincoln Jones. Jones developed TB in 1904 and moved to Saranac Lake, taking Mr Edelberg with him as a companion. Edelberg lived at 7 Academy Street. Mr. Jones died in 1906, leaving his business to Edelberg, who operated the business as Edelberg's Furs.
Mary Edelberg ran a nursing cottage at 30-32 Park avenue. After the birth of their three children, they bought 11 Neil Street; it was registered with the TB Society, although it was purportedly never operated as a cure cottage.
In 1944 Mrs. Lawrence Quigley lived at 11 Neil Street.