Floodwood station, undated
From History and Legends of the Adirondack
Floodwood is a hamlet along the west side of Floodwood Pond south of Floodwood Road along the New York Central tracks. It is presently the site of an outpost of the
The tracks of the New York Central passed through Floodwood, and were used by lumber concerns. For information on lumbering in the Floodwood area, see the January 25, 1898 article in the Plattsburgh Daily Press article written by Seaver Miller on the Lumbering page.
A Loon and Loon chick on Floodwood Pond