Died: November 30, 1990
Married: Jane Bullard
Children: Ann, Jim
Dr. Gordon Montgomery Meade came to Saranac Lake for his health in 1930 from Rochester, New York. According to a document saved in his scrapbook, he was a patient at the Trudeau Sanatorium from 10/31/32 - 7/1/33 and from 1/25/37 - 4/30/38.
Dr. Meade served at the Trudeau Sanatorium, as the Associate Medical Director from 1946 to 1950, Medical Director from 1950 to 1953, and Executive Director from 1953 to 1955. When the decision was made to close the Sanatorium in 1954, it was Meade who made the announcement. He resigned in 1955. He moved to Washington D.C. and West Virginia, and then back to D.C., working for the United Mineworkers Hospitals. He then moved to Ridgewood, New Jersey and worked in New York for the National Thoracic Society. He retired about 1970.
He was also the president of the New York Federation of Bird Clubs. The Meades had a camp on Lake Kiwassa, where they continued to spend summers after he left the Trudeau Institute.
A brick at the Saranac Laboratory has been dedicated in the name of Gordon M. Meade, M. D. by his son, James B. Meade, and his daughter, Anne Meade.