Horton's Greenhouse ad, Adirondack Daily Enterprise, December 23, 1952

Address: the location of the former Burger KIng, then Nona Fina

Old Address: 7 South Street/108 River Street

Other names:

Year built:

Other information: The greenhouse, with the florist shop on South Street, was begun by Ed Horton in 1903, and later operated by the Meineckers, aided at one time by Julie Lamy. The buildings — on back-to-back properties that ran through the block to their settlement- period house on River Street— were sold and torn down to create a site for the Burger King on River Street, later converted to the Italian restaurant Nonna Fina (vacant and for sale in 2021).

Other historic properties

Comments