Keese Mill was a Mill on the St. Regis River built by Oliver Keese and Thomas A. Tomlinson in 1851. It was later run by William McLean, who had earlier been involved in the mill at Franklin Falls. 1 It became the site of the hamlet of Keese Mills.
1. Seaver, Frederick J., Historical Sketches of Franklin County, Albany: J.B. Lyon & Co., 1918, p. 206 (see Ray's Place)