The Lake Clear Post Office was first established from Clearpond, January 15, 1901, with postmaster Ida H. Rice and the name changed to Clear Pond on May 21, 1902. It reopened June 16, 1902, from Lake Clear Junction, with postmaster Charles Wardner; discontinued May 31, 1959.
The Lake Clear and Lake Clear Junction post offices were apparently combined with the single ZIP code 12945 on June 1, 1966. It still exists.
Source: The Place Names of Franklin County, NY by Kelsie B. Harder and Carol Payment Poole (Brushton, NY: Teach Services, Inc., 2008), 175.
Malone Gazette, October 7, 1892
A postofflce has been established at Saranac Junction. Millard F. Otis has been appointed postmaster.
1. Lake Clear Junction was originally called Saranac Junction when it opened on July 16, 1892; the name was changed on April 23, 1893. (Michael Kudish, Where Did the Trains Go in the Central Adirondacks)