Adirondack Daily Enterprise, August 7, 1959

Address: 209 Lake Flower Avenue

Old Address: 2 Lake Flower Avenue

Other names: Bank of Lake Placid (1969)

Year built:

Laura's Diner was operated by Laura Newberry, 1958 through 1966. Her husband, Clarence, ran the Greyhound bus line to Plattsburgh from 1953 to 1959. The contents of the diner were auctioned off on February 2, 1966.


From an article on the Winter Carnival in the Adirondack Daily Enterprise, February 13, 1984

Elsewhere around town, the Bank of Lake Placid won first for its group entry of Laura's Diner in the snow sculpture contest. Employees built a small monument to the diner that used to stand on Lake Flower Avenue where the bank is now located, in keeping with the carnival theme, "Once Upon A Time".

Other historic properties

Comments