Old Address: 104 Main Street
Year built: 1895 by Walter J. Watson
The Lawrason Brown Office and Residence is a Colonial Revival house extensively remodeled in 1907 by Scopes and Feustmann for Dr. Lawrason Brown, the resident physician at the Trudeau Sanatorium from 1901 to 1912, who moved to 104 Main Street in 1907. The family, including Mrs. Browns' sister, Mrs. Anne Gallagher, resided upstairs, and Dr. Brown's offices were on the left side of the ground floor; the family's drawing room and dining room were on the right, along with a pantry and kitchen at the back. On the second floor was a large library, that was used as the living room. There were two maids' rooms on the third, half-floor. The cellar contained Dr. Brown's laboratory and X-ray developing room.
Dr. Brown lived in the house until his death on December 26, 1937. His wife stayed on until her death in 1956. The house was converted to four apartments by Evelyn Morgan and John E. Morgan, who bought the house from the Brown estate in 1956.
- National Register of Historic Places Registration Form
- "Perennial garden graced 104 Main", Adirondack Daily Enterprise", April 4, 1979.