Born: c. 1896
Died: February 4, 1981
Married: Gertrude Grow, April 4, 1925, (died); two others
Children: Mrs. James B. Salsich; Louis F. Kendall, Jr.
Louis Fairbanks Kendall owned and operated the Kendall Lumber Yard 3 Adirondack street until 1952. He was a village trustee from 1935 to 1940, and served as chairman of both the Saranac Lake village and the Harrietstown Democratic Committees, and the Franklin county commander of the American Legion.
He was the son of pharmacist Dr. Frank E. Kendall. As a child, Louis lived at 12 Church Street, and was a friend of Henry Ives Baldwin who lived "next door but one" at 6 Church Street.
He lived at 1 Birch Street from 1933 to '39.
Adirondack Daily Enterprise, February 6, 1981
Louis F. Kendall
PRINCETON, N.J.-Louis F. Kendall, 85, died Wednesday, Feb. 4, at Meadowlakes in Heightstown, New Jersey.
He was a native of Saranac Lake and had lived in Princeton for over 20 years. He had resided at Meadowlakes since 1979.
Mr. Kendall had owned and operated the Kendall Lumber Yard in the Saranac Lake area for many years.
He had served as an ambulance driver with the French during World War I and was awarded the Medal of Honor by the French government.
He was a 1918 graduate of Princeton University and had served as class secretary in later years.
Mr. Kendall was married three times, his wives predeceasing him.
Survivors include a, daughter, Mrs. James B. Salsich of Albaquerque, New Mexico; a son, Louis F. Kendall, Jr., of Scotia, New York; a brother, Frank E. Kendall Jr., of Bristol, Conn.; nine grandchildren and seven great grandchildren.
A memorial service will be held Saturday at 11 a.m., in the Trinity Episcopal Church in Princeton.
Private interment will be in Trinity-All Saints Cemetery in Princeton.
Donations may be made in his memory to the Trinity Episcopal Church of Princeton University.
The Kimble Funeral Home at 1 Hamilton Ave., Princeton, N. J., was in charge of funeral arrangements.
Adirondack Daily Enterprise, April 29, 1952
Louis Kendall was granted a permit for the erection of a garage and equipment shop for the Bell Telephone Company. The new building will be erected at 3 Adirondack street, the site of the old Kendall lumber mill.
Malone Farmer, April 15th, 1925
KENDALL-GROW.—At St. Agnes' church, N. Y. City, Apr. 4, Mr. Louis Fairbanks Kendall, son of Dr. and Mrs. F. E. Kendall, of Saranac Lake, and Miss Gertrude Grow, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John Grow, of Massena.
The groom is a graduate of Princeton, 1918, and served in the French army during the World War. He is president of the Kendall Lumber Co. Inc. His bride is a graduate of St. Lawrence University, department of Home Economics, 1920, and has been instructor of home economics in the Saranac Lake High School for the past four years. They will make their home on Kiwassa road, Saranac Lake.