The Prentiss Loverin Inn in Loon Lake was where Ferdinand and Mary Chase stayed in 1878. It was directly across the road from the Sunset Cottage, also known as the President's Cottage. Itwas later bought by the Chases, who improved it and named it Wayside. It is possible that the President was a guest cottage of the original Loverin Inn.

Paul Smith leased the inn prior to building the Hunter's Home about 1850.