Plattsburgh Sentinel, May 16, 1924
Thomas E. Miller, has been awarded the contract for the construction of a new bridge over the Saranac river at Saranac Lake. His bid was $4,076.
Lake Placid News, June 4, 1926
Saranac Bridge Will Open on June 6
The new Main street bridge in Saranac Lake opposite the Riverside Inn will be thrown open to traffic on Sunday, June 6. Leo Malone of Lake Placid is the contractor in charge of the work.
Workmen under Mr. Malone are now rushing to completion the work on the approaches to the bridge so that everything may be in readiness for the scheduled opening. The new bridge was designed by John Sweeney. The approaches to the bridge are being widened. This it is believed will make driving at this point much less dangerous.
Lake Placid News, April 1, 1938
WORK ON SARANAC RIVER DAM IS SPEEDED UP
Work on Saranac river WPA dam project has been speeded up with more men added to the rolls by Village Manager Miller Johnson. The spring-like weather of the past week enabled the two shifts of workers to speed up and complete the sluiceway thru which the river will flow while the dam is being built.
The dam that is being placed is located on the site upon which Capt. Pliny Miller once built a sawmill. Later it was taken over by Alonzo Blood, [almost certainly Orlando Blood] who organized Saranac Lake's first electric light company. Still later it passed partly into the hands of the Paul Smiths Light and Power company altho the village still retained rights. The project is being carried on with $10,000 contributed by the Paul Smiths company, $1,000 contributed by the village and a $22,000 labor cost will be carried by the WPA. The dam extends across the Saranac river at Main street, causing a flooding of the land to create Lake Flower.