Address: 11 Woodruff Street
Old Address: 6 Woodruff Street
Other names: The Lamp Post
The Melody Bar and Grill was opened by former Broadway dancer Helen Miller in 1944; by 1948, it had been sold to Donald A. Stone. Previously, the location had been occupied by Bedore's Cash Market, Mullen's Cash Store.
Adirondack Daily Enterprise, March 18, 1948
TWO LOCAL MEN BUY BUSINESS ON BROADWAY
Mr. Trombley operates the Rainbow Bar and Grill on Bloomingdale avenue and Mr. Stone operates the Melody Bar and Grill on Woodruff street. Both men will continue their own businesses in addition to the partnership which they have entered.
Mr. Trombley and Mr. Stone plan eventually to make changes in the operation of the business at 90 Broadway and to choose a new name for it.
No plans have been made for any change in the interior of the building or in the decoration of the bar and grill.
Adirondack Daily Enterprise, August 17, 1956
The Melody Bar will be under new management. The new owners are Don Schrecongost and George Schroeder, III, of Jamestown, N.Y. They will re-name it "The Lamp Post."