Born: April 7, 1843

Died: March 19, 1923

Married: Mary Mannix

Children: Jane C. Morgan, Michael J. Morgan

Michael Morgan built the Franklin House hotel in Saranac Lake with his brother-in-law, James Mannix, in 1888; it later became the Grand Union Hotel.

He was born in Peru, New York, where he lived until the outbreak of the Civil War. He served in the Union Army, and returned to Peru after the war. He married Mary Mannix at St. Patrick's Catholic Church in Keeseville on October 11, 1868. During the 1870s he became involved in the lumber industry at Goldsmith. In 1888 he moved to Saranac Lake.