The Minute Lunch, or One Minute Lunch, at 51 Broadway, was operated by Mr. and Mrs. Leith Dickie. Together with the City Restaurant, it was known as Dickies. In the 1950s it was open 24 hours a day. Bill Murphy and Harry Schramm were longtime employees there. Downing's Delicatessen & Quick Lunch appears in a c. 1910 photograph apparently at the same location; it was operated by George Downing, who would later run the elegant Downing and Cane's.