Murray Cottage Murray Cottage Pine Street starts on Bloomingdale Avenue at lower right and immediately crosses the Saranac River on Baker's Bridge leading to Wallace Murray's large turreted house at 8 Pine Street. Immediately left of Murray's house is Baker's Hotel, the first in the village, and across the street stands the modest building that housed Baker's Store, the first store in Saranac Lake. Address: 1332 Pine Street

Old Address: 8 Pine Street

Other names:

Year built:

Other information: This was the home of Wallace "Wal" Murray, an early entrepreneur in Saranac Lake who ran the Riverside Inn and founded the Saranac Lake Electric Company. The house was apparently built on the site of Baker's Hotel.

There was another "Murray Cottage" at 82 Lake Street.

Other historic properties