Panther Point is the southernmost point on the western shore of Upper Saranac Lake. It is one of the oldest surviving camps on the lake having been build in 1896. A log structure pre-dated the main house and could have been built as early as 1887 that remains standing today. The camp was originally comprised of several out buildings and many acres. The boundary to the north bordered the Jules Bache Camp Wenonah. In the 1950s the camp was split and the remaining four structures were sold to various owners, two of these buildings are now combined again and have gone through extensive renovations. This is the main building of Panther Point, and the Kitchen House owned by the Zollars family. The smaller guest house is owned by the Hess Family, and the Guide house is owned by the Day family. The original camp was owned by Dr. L. Emmett Holt, a pioneer an originator in the pediatric field and the author of "The Care and Feeding of Children".
New York Times, July 26, 1903
CAMP LIFE AT SARANAC INN.
Special to The New York Times.
Dr. and Mrs. Emmett Holt of New York, who are now in Europe, are expected at their Panther Point camp about Aug. 1.
New York Times, July 7, 1907
Dr. and Mrs. L. Emmett Holt of New York will occupy their Panther Point camp.
New York Times, July 4, 1909
… Dr. L. Emmett Holt of New York has arrived and opened Panther Point Lodge for the season…
New York Tribune, September 3, 1922
… Panther Point, the Upper Saranac Lake camp of Dr. L. Emmett Holt, of New York, has been purchased by Mr. James Elliott, of Pelham, N. Y., who, with his family, is this season occupying Lady Tree cottage at Saranac Inn. Mr. Elliott will improve the Panther Point place and take possession next season. It is now occupied by Mr. and Mrs. J. S. Pettit, of New York, who are remaining late into September…