Born: February 24, 1927, in El Paso, Texas
Died: June 30, 2011, Upper St. Regis
Married: Eldon P. Harvey, April 24, 1948
Children: Eldon P. Harvey, Jr., Allen G. Harvey, Patrick L. Harvey
She attended Stephens College in Columbia, Missouri, and the University of Texas at Austin, majoring in piano and organ; she graduated from Texas Western College in El Paso in 1947. She met E.P. "Phil" Harvey, when she was in college and he had just returned from the Pacific in World War II, where he flew P-51 fighters. He was a rancher and a banker, and spent considerable time in Santa Fe, N.M. and in Washington, D.C., lobbying for the ranching industry.
She was an accomplished choir director, pianist, and organist; she was a member of the American Guild of Organists. She was also an avid gardener, and her garden in El Paso was full of violets transplanted from her grandfather John R. Hogan's garden, behind his pharmacy in Saranac Lake.
Patricia's mother, Marion Hogan Grambling, was from Saranac Lake, as Marion's parents, John and Bessie Hale Hogan, owned the pharmacy at the location where Charlie Green's Market was later located, and an apartment above. The Hogans also had a camp on the Saranac River where Patricia spent nearly every summer of her earlier life. She bought a camp on Upper St. Regis Lake in 1982, where she and her husband summered.
Eldon P. Harvey's obituary appeared in the Adirondack Daily Enterprise, October 11, 2007.