Pearl Island is an island in Upper St. Regis Lake owned by Anson Phelps Stokes and used by his son Harold Phelps Stokes. It is the southernmost island in the lake, a quarter-mile from the St. Regis Carry boat launch.
Malone Farmer, June 17, 1903
Some New Ones--Some Greatly Improved.
...The Pearl Island camp of Anson Phelps Stokes has been leased for the summer by Walter Ferguson, of New York. At Birch Island Mr. Stokes is having two new boathouses constructed...
Country Life in America, May, 1914
On Upper St. Regis Lake ADIRONDACK MOUNTAINS 3 1/2 Miles from Paul Smiths
PEARL ISLAND CAMP
Containing one large cabin with sitting-room, dining-room, pantry, kitchen and servants' hall. One cabin with 2 bedrooms and bath; two smaller cabins with dressing-rooms and detached bath and toilet; one tent; one servants' house with 4 bedrooms, one guide house with 2 bedrooms. One boathouse with boudoir or bedroom above; one launch house.
The entire camp has been done over since last occupied; is completely furnished, including bed and table linen, plated ware, etc. Will be rented for 3 months from June 15th for $2,000, or from June 1st to October 1st for $2,500 including use of 1 canoe, 1 sail boat and 2 row boats. Also all wood and ice. Apply to
JAMES W. McCULLOCH
100 William Street