Pittenger Cottage, 2009
Pittenger Cottage, 1982 Address: 494 Forest Hill Avenue
Old Address: 14 Forest Hill Avenue
Other Names: Drake Cottage
Year built: Before 1916
14 Forest Hill Avenue from the West, June 198Other information: A cure cottage with five cure porches, all different, it was registered as a private sanatorium operated as a boarding cottage run by Mrs. A. C. Pittenger from about 1921 to 1932.14 Forest Hill Avenue 2nd floor cure porch, June 1989
According to the 1916 TB Directory, the Drake Cottage, run by a Mrs. Drake, had room for four patients, had one cure porch and charged $12 per week.
14 Forest Hill Avenue from the East, June 1989