Address: Burned, summer, 1973
Other names: Hennessey's Bar and Grill
Year built: 1928, as a house. Later remodeled as a restaurant, with living quarters upstairs.
Schroeter's Restaurant was established by Albert Schroeter in 1948; they served German cuisine. The large field behind the restaurant was used for sports and carnivals in summer months. After the restaurant closed, the field — known as Schroeter's Field — was (and still is in 2010) used by nearby Saranac Lake High School as a sports field. Earlier it was used on occasion for carnivals and traveling circuses.
Some time after the restaurant burned in the summer of 1973, a geodesic dome house was built at this location. The dome was torn down sometime before 2005 for construction of a more conventional house on the site.