Other names: Duprey's Cottages
Year built: c. 1930
Other information: The
Sherwood Forest Motor Inn opened in 1971 by Don Peryea on the site previously occupied by Duprey's Cottages.
From the Lake Placid-North Elba Historic Preservation Commission survey, September 30 1991, Ray Brook Auto Tourist Accommodations section:
Sherwood Forest Motor Inn, open year round, has fourteen rooms in one- and two-bedroom housekeeping cottages, cabins, and chalets with fireplaces, built of logs or rustic siding, with scalloped trim on the edge of the roofline. These buildings are picturesquely sited around a curve of private road (a short section of the Old Military Road abandoned when the road was straightened) and on the shore of Wolf Pond behind them. One of the roadside structures shows its previous use as a restaurant by its port-cochere.