Shingle Bay is a large bay on the northwest shore of Lower Saranac Lake just west of the point where Fish Creek enters the lake. It is the present site of Knollwood Club.
Before Knollwood Club was formed in 1899, there was a camp in Shingle Bay owned by Edward Manierre of Chicago.
Brooklyn Daily Eagle, June 20, 1897
Edward Manierre and family, from Chicago, are at their camp on Shingle Bay, and have brought with them an elegant naphtha launch, which they will run on the lake.